The Good Samaritan Center of Excelsior Springs is currently seeking to fill the following position. Please complete online application below and attach Letter of Interest and Resume.
Job will include, but not limited to….
- Answering telephones and greeting guests in the hallway
- Directing volunteers and community service workers
- Communicating with others and Board Members
- Representing the Good Samaritan Center at public events and fundraisers
- Assisting with coordinating and working fundraisers
- Helping with GSC projects
- Overseeing & organizing volunteer groups to complete assigned projects
- Some cleaning, sorting & organizing storage/food areas
- Driving the box truck in town to pick up food/furniture donations (experience is not necessary, on the job training will be given)
- Reasonable lifting and stair climbing required.
- Recruiting volunteers through certain events, churches, friends & family.
- Keeping track and organizing volunteer hours/schedule
Job will require:
- Knowledge of program procedures
- Time management skills
- Strong organization skills
- Light computer work with State systems such as Maac Link
- Understanding of commuter, phone & other technologies
- Display ethics and social skills
- Display of professionalism & courtesy
- Regular & timely attendance during office hours as well as additional events hosted by the GSC
- Able to problem solve and multi-task
- Valid driver’s license, food handlers card (this can be obtained after the job has started) and First Aide training may be helpful