The Good Samaritan Center of Excelsior Springs is currently seeking to fill the following position. Please complete online application below and attach Letter of Interest and Resume.
Hours will be 28 to 30 hours per week
Mission Statement: Dedicated to preventing homelessness and hunger by providing basic life needs and access of life skills.
Job will include but is not limited to…
• Answering telephones and greeting guests in the hallway
• Case working and some case management
• Handling of funds
• Directing volunteers and community service workers
• Communicating with other staff and board members
• Representing Good Samaritan Center in the community and at events
• Helping with projects
• Overseeing program maintenance and reporting
• Some cleaning, sorting, organizing, etc.
• Teaching a life skill class or teaching a client a skill
Job may require…
• Working knowledge of office procedures
• Knowledge of procedures for grant and funding requirements
• Knowledge of program procedures
• Knowledge of area resources
• Understanding of case management and social norms
• Time management skills as well as stress management skills
• Understanding of computer, phone and other technology
• Reasonable lifting, stair climbing, etc.
• Display of ethics and social skills
• Display of professionalism and courtesy
• Regular and timely attendance during office hours as well as additional time outside of office hours
• Attendance in meetings, seminars, and training events
• Some personal skills are necessary, such as patience and self-confidence or an understanding of budgeting
• Ability to problem solve and multi-task
• A driver’s license, food handles card, and first aid/CPR training may be helpful
While the bulk of the day is focused on clients in your office, you may also spend a small amount of time with them in the hallways, on the sidewalks, etc. where ever they can catch you. Try to direct them as you need to as quickly as you can for their privacy. In between each appointment you will need to get some of the paperwork completed, meet with other caseworkers, return phone calls, etc. You may or may not have a walk in client at that time. Thirty minutes are given to you at lunch and at the end of the day to complete any unfinished tasks.