Keep warm this winter!


If you are struggling to pay your energy bill, please complete a Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) application. During the winter, you do not have to be in threat of disconnection or off to receive LIHEAP EA assistance.

LIHEAP can help you in two ways: Energy Assistance (EA) and Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP).

  • Each year from November through March, EA helps you with a one-time payment for your primary heating   bill (up to $450).
  • Winter ECIP helps you with your gas and electric fuel bills if you are shut off or in threat of being shut off from November through May, based on funding (up to $800).

To quality for LIHEAP assistance, you must meet the following requirements:

  • The heating bill must be in the name of someone 18 or older living in the home (or in the landlord’s name).
  • Your household income must be at or below 135% of federal povery level with 1-person household at $1,357 per month, 2-person household at $1,827 per month, 3-person household at $2,297 per month
  • You must be a US citizen or legal permanent resident.
  • You must have $3,000 or less in bank account, retirement accounts or investment accounts.

If you are struggling to pay your energy bills, apply for LIHEAP assistance, even if you think you may be over income. You may qualify for deductions from your income or other energy assistance funds with a higher income limit.

Visit the Community Action Agency in the lower hallway of the Good Samaritan Center for a LIHEAP application or download the PDF application now.