The Good Samaritan Center of Excelsior Springs is currently seeking to fill the following position. Please mail resume to Good Samaritan Center, Attn.: Martha Buckman, 108 S. Thompson, Excelsior Springs, MO 64024 or email email@example.com.
Hours will be 28 to 30 hours per week
• Implements the vision and mission of Good Samaritan Center
• Uses and believes in Strength-Based Case Management model (All people have the ability to learn, change, and grow; identifying and utilizing existing strengths breaks barriers to security and stability.)
• Identifies the needs of families and arranges assistance and/or referrals needed to address need.
• Maintains complete, accurate records on computer-based MAAC Link.
• Maintains accurate records of assistance in the MAAC Link database.
• Collects accurate and complete intake information during each visit, updating MAAC Link as needed (address, phone number, income, budget, family members, etc.).
• Follow agency policies regarding financial assistance.
• Inform client of classes and programs that would address core-issues that hinder self-sufficiency.
• Make appropriate referrals when unable to provide needed help or when additional help is needed.
• Participates in GSC weekly staff meetings.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Previous experience working with disadvantaged and in service delivery is preferred.
• Mandatory training in Strength-Based Case Management is provided through Mid-America Assistance Coalition.
• Knowledge of computers and software programs.
• Ability to comprehend, document, and converse in Standard English.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Good and sound judgment.
• Reasoning ability/skills.
• Problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to interact positively with people.
• Ability to work with people in small settings.
• Christian commitment to helping people.
Case Workers are free to make assistance decisions within the guidelines of the agency. Assistance beyond the guidelines requires permission of the Program Director.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a Case Worker and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.