The Good Samaritan Center will sponsor a seminar on Thursday, June 29, 2017 for planning and protection when faced with illness, dementia, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson and memory loss. If you need answers to how to get long-term care, protect assets while qualifying for Medicaid, and avoid guardianships, please plan to attend this seminar.
Held from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at the Good Samaritan Center, 108 S. Thompson Ave. Registration is required: call 816-630-2718. Dinner will be provided. No cost to attend.
Speakers will include P. Glen Smith, J.D. Attorney Smith focuses his practice on Elder Law and has 34 years of experience in asset protection, financial planning and business. He is an active member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, and its Missouri chapter, the Northland Professionals in Aging. He serves with the Missouri Bar Association on the following committees: Estate Planning and Probate Administration Law, Elder Law, Business Succession Planning, Read Estate Practice and Procedure, and Veterans and Military Law.
The seminar will cover:
• Remaining in Control of Your Assets
• Protecting Your Assets from the High Cost of Care
• Types of Long-Term Care Available and Getting the Care You Need
• The Long-Term Care Planning Process
• 7 Sources to Pay for Care
• Planning Strategies for Care
• Basic legal documents you need and what they should provide