Manager of Volunteer Services
Come to work in a fun, active work environment while helping your neighbors. Be a part of an organization that has been serving those in the community since 1986. We have a small staff of long term employees working alongside a diverse group of volunteers.
Key skills for the Manager, Volunteer Services position:
• Able to work 25 hours a week; generally M-F schedule with occasional night/weekend availability.
• Position requires selecting, training and retaining the volunteer staff of GSC.
• Ideal candidate for this position has the ability to be fair, firm and friendly.
To apply for this position:
• Mail or walk-in resume to: Good Samaritan Center, 108 S. Thompson Ave., Excelsior Springs, MO 64024 Attention: Martha
• Applications for position are also available at Good Samaritan Center receptionist desk.
• Resume may also be emailed to Martha at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HiSET (GED) Classes Announced
A HiSET class began on January 30 with a full class of ten students. Students are attending class twice weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For more information about signing up on a waiting list to participate or you are interested in volunteering or donating to this cause, please contact Martha Buckman at The Good Samaritan Center at 816-630-2718.
Food Pantry donations needed
The GSC pantry is very low on a number of items and needs your help in restocking the shelves to help the poor. The biggest needs at this time are for soups and canned meats, tuna, peanut butter, all types of canned vegetables, canned fruit, pasta sauces, basically any food items right now. Fresh vegetables from your garden are also welcome. Please consider a donation.
Second Homeless Event planned
The Good Samaritan Center will be hosting a Community Connection event for the homeless and families who are at risk of homelessness on Friday, October 26, 2018. Click here for details!
A Community that Cares